I hope you're well and that preparations for the big day are going fine.
The organization of the Lidl Setúbal Triathlon informs that, unfortunately, due to the imminent danger of landslides in the Serra da Arrábida, the Portuguese Civil Protection has closed the road to Arrábida. This decision has implications for the cycling route, especially in the return zone. For this reason, the cycling route has undergone some changes.
The NEW CYCLING COURSE, consisting of two 45 km loops, is as follows:
- Start of the route in the Urban Park of Albarquel (PUA) – Av. Luísa Todi – Av. Jaime Rebelo - Mitrena Roundabout – Mitrena Road
- 1st return on the Mitrena road to km 11 next to the “Alstom” Terminal – Mitrena Roundabout (underpass)
- 2nd return on Alto da Guerra at km 18 - Mitrena Roundabout - Av. Jaime Rebelo – Av. Luísa Todi
- 3rd return in the Vale da Rasca at km 34
- 4th return at Figueirinha beach at km 39 - return to Av. Luisa Todi
- Start of the 2nd round - Av. Luísa Todi – Av. Jaime Ribeiro – Mitrena roundabout
- 5th return on the Mitrena road at km 54 next to the “Alstom” Terminal – Mitrena Roundabout (underpass)
- 6th return at Alto da Guerra at km 62 - Av. Jaime Rebelo – Av. Luísa Todi
- 7th return in Vale da Rasca at km 78
- 8th return on Figueirinha beach at km 83 - return to Av. Luisa Todi
- Transition on Av. Luísa Todi (in front of Largo José Afonso)
The points with the highest elevation are kilometers 34.7 km and 78.7 km with 70 meters of altitude, with an accumulated of 800m, approximately.
Supply and mechanical assistance
The organization of the Lidl Setúbal Triathlon also informs that it was necessary to make adjustments to supplies and mechanical assistance points in the cycling segment:
- Supply in the Cycling segment:
- Liquid supply: km 21, consisting of water
- Liquid and solid supply: km 39, 49, 65 and 83, consisting of water, isotonic, gel and energy bars
- Mechanical assistance:
- Praia da Figueirinha: 39 and 83 km
- Mitrena Industrial Zone: 21, 49 and 65 km
- Av. Luísa Todi, next to the finish line, at Expo Race Village
Cut off cycling
THE ATHLETE MUST START THE LAST SECTION OF THE CYCLING SEGMENT 4H30 AFTER THE START OF HIS RACE (the cut off will be installed at the end of Av. Luísa Todi, towards Setúbal Arrábida, approximately km 70; after the time limit, athletes will be prevented from circulating in the return zone of the course given the need to open car circulation).
The organization of the Lidl Setúbal Triathlon also points out that, if necessary, the route may change.
We would like to thank all triathletes for their understanding.
Hugo Sousa | Event Director
March 7, 2023